Welcome to part 3 of our latest blog series as we continue to explore honour in light of the Apostle Peter’s words in 1 Peter 2:17.
“Recognise the value of every person and continually show love to every believer. Live with great reverence and in holy awe of God. Honour your rulers.” TPT
I want to explore 5 PLACES FOR HONOUR.
- Government/Politics (Romans 13:1) “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God…”
- Workplace (1 Timothy 6:1) “Let all who are under a yoke as bondservants regard their own masters as worthy of all honour.”
- Parents (Exodus 20:12) “Honour your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.”
- Community (Romans 12:10) “Love one another with brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honour.”
- Marriage (1 Peter 3:7) “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honour…”
Remember, honor is spelt with a you!